Monday, July 20, 2009

Back to School Deals from Walgreens

Thank you to Common Sense with Money for gathering these. See her site for many more cool deals. I sincerely envy all you moms who gather this data for us all.

I don't know about your kids, but I seem to send my two off to school at the beginning of the year with about 50 types of school supplies each, and at the end of the year get a HUGE bag of these SAME supplies sent home, unused.

This drives me nuts! What a waste of everyone's time and money to buy these things specifically requested, only to never use them. Case in point: expandable velcro closing file folders. I had to buy two for my daughter. She never used either one. Can't return them. Or "48 pencils" when they never use more than 5 or 6 the entire year. Sure, I can and do recycle school supplies (you don't need a new ruler or scissors every year, and a glue stick still works if you used it twice), but THREE 3" binders? Who is going to need/want these?

Caveat emptor!

Back to School Deals
Pilot G2 Gel Pens 2pk $1, earn a $1 RR when you buy one packFREE after RR


9 Cent Items (Limit 12)
Penway two pocket folder
Penway highlighter#2 pencilWhite poster board

19 cent items (Limit 6)
Paper Mate 1.2 Prism Pens 10pk
Paper Mate Mechanical pens 5pk
Penway Ruler
100 paper clips
Two pocket folder with prongs

29 cent items
Penway (10pk yellow) Pencils and erasers

39 cent items
Penway Glue or Folder
Scotch Tape (Use $1/3 coupon from 7/12 RP insert to pay $0.17 for three!)

49 cent items
5 pack Bic Brightliner high liters
8 or 24 Penway crayons

59 cent items
Envelopes or pencil sharpener

99 cent items
12 pack Crayola colored pencils
3 subject notebook




UPDATED: I ended up buying everything at Walmart. I knew I would.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails