Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's ok, really

The following lessons I am learning as I become a better couponer:

  • It's OK if you forget to bring your coupon binder. The world will not end.
  • It's OK if you don't have the right coupon for a sale, or discover it has expired. Food goes on sale ALL THE TIME. You haven't missed your one and only shot.
  • It's OK if you don't have time to get the Sunday coupon insert this week. Next week there will be another.
  • It's OK if you actually need to buy something not on sale or without a coupon. Life is like that. You'll live.
  • It's OK to have to run to the grocery store without a printed list of every deal off the Internet, sorted by UPC code. Sometimes we need to attack the grocery store like a commando mission because baseball starts in TWENTY MINUTES and you just realized you are the snack mom.
  • It's OK to decide you do not have room for any more "stockpiled" items. You aren't saving money if you need a bigger house.

It's a nice day. The sun is out. Put down your scissors, binders and the inserts and go outside and play with your kids.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Funny and very true. And the nice thing about HAVING that stockpile, for me, is when I suddenly realize I am snack mom. OK, those Fruit Gushers won't win the prize for healthiest snack of the school year but they were on hand and the kids are happy.

Marie said...

Ah, but my stockpile right now is Electrasol dishwasher tabs! Won't work for snackmom, but I hear ya.

I just get tired of beating myself up over this stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails