Monday, May 17, 2010

New Recipe: BBQ Pulled Chicken



I found this one online, and it's in the crockpot right now. It smells delicious!


Barbecue Pulled Chicken

2 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
1/2 chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Bulls Eye BBQ sauce with Guinness (I could not find this so use what's on hand)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar

Put everything in a crock pot, cover, and cook on low for about 7-8 hours. Since I used frozen thighs I let it cook for 9 hours. It will be very watery. I removed the cooked chicken, fork shredded it, and then added some sauce, reserving the rest for the table.

Serve with toasted buns to pile the meat into at the table.

Serves 4-6.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails