Friday, October 29, 2010

A couple new Catherine artworks

We took these home from art class on Tuesday. The portrait is an oil one, her first, and she worked really hard on it. I think she learned a lot about lighting and proportions. The second is a work in progress, pastel on sanded paper. I REALLY like her pastel work. I think she has a lot of control over the medium, and well, I just like the way the work turns out. They both had a reference work for them, but only the cat one remains since it is still in progress. Enjoy!


oil

pastel

I guess I should add Catherine is only 11.

2 comments:

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

Gorgeous; simply gorgeous. Striking also.

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. And striking also.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails