Friday, April 1, 2011

Slow learner

It only took me 12 years to finally figure out what the heck I was doing wrong when I French braided my daughter's hair. I mean seriously, I was a freaking French major in college, so this should come naturally, non?

No one is quite as a happy about my new skill set as I am. My husband thinks I've lost it and my daughter is now running into different rooms when she sees me fearing mommy will again sit her down, re braid her hair and shriek in high, scary voices that BABY I'VE GOT IT.

Little things in life make me happy n'est-ce pas?

All I needed to do was watch a YouTube video and actually PAY ATTENTION this time. Oh, it's a terribly dull and boring story, but suffice it to say the trick is not grabbing a new section until you've secured the old one. There's some blah blah blah about fingers and thumbs but I was focusing on the grab a new section part. The part I have been doing wrong for twelve straight years and making 3 feet of little girl hair into a knotted, lumpy mess.

I am, however, by default, very good with ponytails.

So this morning, just to make sure it wasn't a dream, I started braiding before breakfast (yes in the kitchen, yes it is gross, yes yes oh who cares do YOU live here?)  This is my bucket list item. Get your own.

Wheeeee!

2 comments:

josette said...

Oh you did it! It came out beautiful !!!

Weekend Cowgirl said...

I love french braids! Her hair looks great in the braid. Bless her heart, she probably deserves an award!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails