Friday, November 25, 2011

Love, love, love this stuff

We've known each other a long time, right? We can confide in each other, no? Well then I'm here to sit beside you and confess I have the oiliest skin known to mankind. It's awful. And that little lie I told myself all these years that goes something like "I'm sure it won't be so oily when I get older," yeah, well that one is a big fat FIB. My skin may be wrinkle free (ahem) at 43, but I am still on the speed dial over at Exxon.

I hate oily skin. I hate it in the summer. I hate it in the winter. I hate it. Can you tell? Powders, blotting paper, none of that did anything for me at all. So little did I realize that there is something that makes the oily go away. As in for EIGHT HOURS A DAY.
And no, no one is paying me to tell you this. Seriously. Where do you think you are? The pioneer woman blog?  I thank my old college friend and fellow oily skin compatriot Jennifer J for hooking me up with Murad Oil Control Mattifier.

Hello, my love.
For $39 a tube (I ordered online), I've been using this for the past couple of months. And it works. My hand to God it works. It isn't a benzole peroxide type thing to dry out blemishes. It simply keeps your face from becoming an oil slick all day long. It has SPF15, too, which is fine by my book. I don't want to know what's in it. I might be scared to find out, but as long as it keeps my skin looking nice and shine free all day, I'm happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails