Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jewel paid me to take home all this soup

I needed to bring soup to our church craft fair/bake sale/luncheon and I didn't have time to whip up anything homemade. I decided to take advantage of the current spend $30 get $15 GM sale going on at Jewel.

I purchased 11 cans of chicken and corn chowder for nothing. In fact, I made a buck doing it. It went like this:

11 cans shelf price rings $2.79 per can, or $30.69 This same soup is on preferred special for $1.79 each, or 11 cans for $16.69. So I spent $16.69, and got back $15 in coupons off my next purchase. Net cost to me: $1.69. Now subtract $3 in 50 cent off 2 can Progresso coupons, makes it a $1.31 moneymaker for me.

No, I'm not going to go all Neiman Marcus with my $1.31. I actually spent about $60 on other groceries as well. It's just to show you that with a little planning and a little creativity you can snag some sweet deals without too much effort.

Thanks Couponerswanted for the tips!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails