Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Pumie update

I wrote a nice letter to the Pumie people (they made the foot pumie I used, but they also sell all sorts of pumies in different shapes and sizes). Here's my note:

Dear Mr. Carlson, (VP of Sales)

I wouldn't think a pumice company would get many fan letters, but I wanted to write this one about your Pumie product. I moved into my home 5 years ago in the Midwest. We are on a well with very hard water. The previous owners neglected to keep salt in the water softener, and so I inherited 5 toilets and sinks cruded with mineral deposits. As a nice Southern girl, I had no idea what to do to get this stuff off. I tried CLR. I tried LimeAway. I scrubbed and scrubbed. Nothing worked. I seriously considered replacing all the fixtures in my bathrooms. Then I stumbled on an Internet search for cleaning hard water buildup and discovered Pumie. I was AMAZED. I seriously don't understand how that little stone and a little elbow grease removes the crud so well when the other chemicals (that nearly knocked me out) didn't do the trick. My toilets are happy toilets now.

Thank you!!!

And here is their reply, sent today, Christmas Eve! It pays to pass along a sincere compliment!

Dear Ms. Gilbert,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our product. We do get the occasional fan letter, but not necessarily written so eloquently as yours. Will you give us permission to pull some quotes, or use your entire letter as an endorsement for marketing purposes?
We really appreciate you taking the time to write us. We hope that everyone is as happy as you are with our product! As a thank you for taking the time to write us, we will send you a couple of complimentary Pumie® bars so that you can pass them on to your family and friends. After all, every household should have a Pumie bar!


All of us at U.S. Pumice wish you the warmest of wishes for the holiday season!

Cordially-
Liz Anderson (owner)


Liz Anderson
U.S. Pumice Co. / Featherock, Inc.
20219 Bahama Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
tel: 800-423-3037; fax: 818-882-9643

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails