Friday, June 12, 2009

Goin' Camping

I'm taking a hiatus until next week. We're heading to Cub Scout Family Camp tomorrow and I'm running around getting prepared (as well as taking advantage of a new Jewel Catalina deal--see below). This is my first experience camping. We actually have two large tents we got for next to free a million years ago. We set them up a few weekends ago to make sure we knew how they went together and to verify they had all the right parts.



The kids are really looking forward to this. I'm not. The weather isn't great. It isn't going to rain, but it isn't exactly going to be warm. It's been an unseasonably cool June. We wore jackets this entire week. The nighttime low will be in the mid 50's. Brrrr. My SIL is lending us some air mattresses so we won't have to sleep directly on the ground. It's a state park campground, so I'm hoping there will be showers and electricity but I'm not hopeful. It's only one night.

Jewel Cataline Deal
Here's the scoop: Buy $25 worth of General Mills, Coke or Unilever products and get a $10 coupon towards your next purchase. The $25 is based off shelf price, not sale price or price after coupons. I selected the following items:

2 All 3x detergents (shelf price $6.50, sale price $4.50 + $1 off /1 coupon so $3.50 ea)
2 Breyers ice creams (shelf price $6.00 each, sale price $3.00 + $1 off/1 coupon so $2.00 ea)

$25.00 shelf price but $12 out of pocket and a $10 coupon back so total for all 4 items was $2.

I ended up also saving $64 in coupons and preferred card savings. Got a lot of fruit, veggies and items to make lunch this week while the kids are in camp. I'm going to try a zucchini and goat cheese frittata I found a recipe for at Whole Foods. I'll post photos when I'm done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails