Monday, June 29, 2009

Going on V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N!


Yippee!!!!!!

Counting down the days till we leave for our second annual trip to Wild Eagle Lodge in Eagle River, Wisconsin. First I've got to get a run in to Dominick's for their 99 cent per pound pork ribs (sorry my dear veggie friends but this gal likes her BBQ).
But back to Eagle River....

My MIL found this place online last year and decided we all needed to get together to celebrate her 50th wedding anniversary. So my MIL and FIL, my BIL, SIL and their 4 kids plus John, me and our 2, made the 5.5 hour trek due north to Eagle River. I only wondered about a half dozen times if we were in CANADA yet, but apparently the state of Wisconsin is a lot bigger than I thought. It is seriously TOO big. Consider I live 40 miles outside Chicago on the map below. About ten more miles and I might have needed passports. I mean, I CHANGED BIOMES to taiga from grasslands!


Despite the drive (and I drove), we had a fantastic time at this resort. That's saying a lot since the last "fantastic" trip we took was a cruise in 2004 so this is saying something.

There were bald eagles everywhere, canoeing, swimming, boating, fishing and even an indoor pool. The accomodations are especially nice (everything is furnished). If anyone is looking for a nice getaway in the North Woods, I'd recommend this place.

Happy next two weeks to you all!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails