Sunday, June 21, 2009

Great shopping day at Jewel




It really helped to have a plan of attack, and having my husband and kids along actually worked well because we split up the list, and at the check out, husband paid for each transation while I prepared the next. The cashier was well impressed!

Transaction 1:
5 Wesson Oil (I donated two the church food pantry)
Shelf price $25
Sale price: $12.50
$10 catalina coupon

Transaction 2:
13 Snack puddings (I have to pack a lunch all summer. I got the low fat ones, also the jello kind)
Shelf price: $1.90 each ($25 ish)
Sale price: $13
Used the $10 coupon from #1
Out of pocket (oop): $3

Transaction 3:
All my remaining items
Used $33 in coupons
Plus cashier used TWO of my $10 catalina (I didn't expect her to do this. She did seem to care. Technically you aren't supposed to use 2 in one transaction).

Ends up getting almost $300 in groceries for $130.

A good day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails