Sunday, March 28, 2010

What's for dinner tonight?

It's a lovely sunny day. Not particularly warm (it's only in the low 50's), and super windy, but it just FEELS like spaghetti!

A few months ago I switched from ground beef in the sauce to ground sausage. It really makes a substantial difference in flavor. I use the store brand mild italian sausage, but any kind will do. If you want to spice it up, go for it!  The main difference I see with using sausage is that it takes a lot longer to brown it. Sausage also does not crumble the same way ground beef does. You get a work out with the spatula chopping and chopping it into smaller bits as it cooks. It also makes more grease, so be sure to drain it well.

Maybe I should cook it on the bottom of this laptop (I mean countertop!!).

The second swap we made a while back is trading out garlic bread for garlic toast, also known as Texas Toast (Hi Bunny!).  I think it just gets a bit crunchier, which enhances the flavor.

For the sauce I prefer Prego. I know some people have stocked up on Ragu after the Jewel Your Bucks sale, but we just prefer Prego here. I like the traditional flavor (I'm not a fan of mushrooms, onions, green peppers or anything crunchy in the sauce).

What? No photos of it? Seriously, this is spaghetti. I trust you know what it looks like!



Ok fine. Here's a photo of bulk sausage.

Dinner will be ready at 6:30pm. Who's coming?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails